What is the Homeownership Program?
The Hearts & Hands Homeownership Program is an initiative designed to help families and individuals with limited incomes attain affordable, long-term homeownership in the Near West Indianapolis by providing education, mentoring, and quality rehabilitated homes.
Do I qualify for a home?
Hearts & Hands uses guidelines set forth by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to help determine eligibility. To qualify for the Hearts & Hands Homeownership Program, applicants MUST:
- Be 18 years of age or older AND be a citizen, national, or a non-citizen with eligible immigration status
- Qualify for a mortgage and secure financing from a lender (We encourage applicants to consider using INHP's homebuying services)
- Complete a HUD-approved homebuyer education class (You will be asked to turn in a certificate of completion. We utilize INHP for its Homebuyer Education Class)
- Have an income at or below 80% of the Area Median Income. These limits are defined and set by HUD based on the median income for families in each area. Reference the chart for the Indianapolis Metropolitan area to determine if you meet this qualification:
- Determine your household size
- Calculate your total household income. The total must include the combined annual income of every employed household member
- You must be at or below the listed income limit for your household size
Do you meet our eligibility requirements?
Fill out the contact form to get started. Our office will contact you shortly.